Search Marketing by James Hawkins of Deal Group Media September 9, 2008Posted by seonotes in Search Engine Marketing.
Tags: PPC, search marketing, SEO
Basically an introduction to search marketing particularly targeted for business owners. It’s a comprehensive walkthrough of the advantages of online marketing, the pros and cons of SEO versus PPC. It also talks about the resource allocation required for each, and the potential ROI that one can achieve out of search advertising.
• 37% of online search are triggered by TV ads
• 30% of online search are triggered by Newspaper ads
• 17% of online search are triggered by Radio ads
• 96% of booked trips from branded kws
• 4% of bookings from non-branded kws
With SEO you can/have:
• Brand Positioning within Search Engines
• More control over copy content
• More control on landing page and opt
• Defensive strategy against competitor
• PPC and SEO two distinct principles
• Can be complicated to master tech to achieve goals
• Search is no longer all about acquisition; it is also a branding tool
• Search marketing has immense potential and growing!