SEO Copywriting by Damien Kelly of Netbooster Asia September 10, 2008Posted by seonotes in marketing, On-page Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing.
Tags: copywriting optimization, optimized content, search engine optimization copywriting, seo copywriting
Damien Kelly of Netbooster Asia, where I once worked in talks about Search Engine Optimization Copywriting.
Check out his main points for effective SEO Copywriting:
Create effective landing pages
- Make use of images
- Emphasize call to action
- Short statements work (like what I’m doing with this blog 🙂 )
- Length of Pages to consider
- Logical Sequence
Take note of Web Content Tips for Optimization
- Scannability – highlight keywords
- Navigation – move detailed info ro secondary pages
- Writing to be read: Headlines and subheads; lists, captions, and hyperlinks
- Writing to be Found – use of Meta Tags
- Terms to Avoid – Don’t call attention to web artifacts. Writing “click here” do not say anything to the search engines.
- Work with your designer to convey overall message.
- Don’t think of quantity all the time. Quality counts.
- The more words you have in a page, the less people will read. 16% of people in websites read word-by-word. Shorter content gets more recall.
Following these guidelines make killer content – indexable, linkable content 🙂
PS: Google penalises you for bad content – i.e. duplicates, spammy ones 🙂